Hardwood Flooring in Richmond, VA
When it comes to flooring, the beauty, durability, and elegance of hardwood cannot be overstated. And with the wide selection of affordable products available at The Floor Trader of Richmond West, you can get the stunning hardwood flooring you’ve always wanted for a price that falls within your budget. Create the interior you want with our large inventory of in-stock, ready-to-be-installed hardwood floors. Have an idea for a remodeling project, but aren’t sure where to start? We’re here to help! Our trained sales associates stay up to date with the latest remodeling trends. As such, we serve as your knowledgeable resource so you get spot-on advice and guidance before your next project. So whether you are re-flooring a single room or the entire home, you can count on us for support. Visit our Richmond, VA, showroom today to browse our hardwood selection and talk with our knowledgeable flooring specialists!
Types of Hardwood Flooring: Solid vs. Engineered Wood
Think all hardwood is the same? Think again. We’ll show you different types of wood species, as well as a variety of solid and engineered options. No matter which type you choose, your stunning new floors can have a serious positive impact on your home’s value, making it easier to sell for a higher profit if you decide to move. Our hardwood flooring installation professionals are well-versed in any product we offer, which means you’ll get the flawless finish you’re looking for. Learn more about our hardwood flooring options:
- Solid wood flooring is what comes to mind for most people when they think of wood floors. Its planks are made of one piece of a certain species of tree. Their strength and sophistication are attractive to many homeowners, but their limited use in places like bathrooms and kitchens can be frustrating.
- Engineered hardwood flooring is an increasingly popular solid wood alternative crafted to offer the same aesthetic but improved performance in high moisture environments. Made of several pieces pressed together, this type of hardwood flooring doesn’t warp and isn’t as prone to mildew as solid wood is.
Benefits of Investing in Hardwood Floors for Your Home
Find the right hardwood flooring for your lifestyle at our home flooring store. Our extensive buying power allows us to sell a wide selection of hardwood products at sensible prices. As a result, you can define your space with one of several wood species, each with added finishing and coloring options. Many different designs, grain patterns, and sizes are available. Simply put, we make it easier to add natural elegance to your interior with top hardwood brands like Shaw®, Mohawk®, and Armstrong®, you know you’ll still get the superior results you deserve. Learn about all the advantages of choosing hardwood flooring for your home:
- The widespread appeal of hardwood never goes out of style.
- Available in many different shades, stains, grain patterns, plank sizes, and finishes to define your personal taste.
- In addition to its stunning appearance, hardwood floors are also simple to maintain.
- Water-resistant finishes protect against everyday wear and tear.
- Can be refinished multiple times over its lifespan to refresh or switch up the look.
- Increases the overall value of your property.
Hardwood Cleaning & Maintenance Made Simple
Hardwood is much simpler to maintain than one might think. With a simple hardwood care routine, your floors will look brand new for many years to come. Our professionals are happy to answer your questions and offer advice on how to best clean your new hardwood floors. Follow these hardwood cleaning & maintenance tips:
- Sweep up dirt, dust, and debris regularly.
- Wipe up spills with a damp cloth.
- For heavier messes, use a manufacturer-recommended hardwood floor cleaner.
- Avoid oil-based cleaners.
- Protect against fading by using area rugs in spaces with high exposure to sunlight.
- Always ask a professional before using any harsh chemicals to avoid damaging the finish on your flooring.
Connect with Hardwood Flooring Installation Professionals
A strong, long-lasting floor is a result of a careful and meticulous installation. As such, it is important to work with professional flooring installers you can trust. Our suggested specialists are all ranked highly on our Preferred Installer list. We enable you to pay the installers directly and eliminate any middleman fees. With years of experience in the industry, our recommended contractors know the most efficient installation techniques that allow you to start enjoying your floors as soon as possible, all while optimizing their beauty and durability. Our experience in the industry has allowed us to establish a network of trusted contractors and flooring technicians. So after choosing your favorite flooring, we can direct you to the right people to ensure your investment lasts.
Contact us today to learn more about our hardwood flooring options! We proudly serve customers in the greater Richmond and Midlothian, Virginia, areas.